This year MECC was given the opportunity to work with Operation Homefront as our area’s distributor of free school supplies for the children in our community. The distribution event will be held on August 11th at 5:00-7:00 pm at the Johnson Building, 925 S Broadway, Room 110.
On top of the school supplies, we have acquired the services of two (possibly 3) barbers to give children free back to school haircuts.
Where: Johnson Building, 925 S Broadway, Room 110
When: Friday, August 11th, 2017
Time: 5:00-7:00 PM
So… Here is the ask:
We need FABULOUS volunteers to pull this off! Also, if you can think of any other contributions that would benefit the children please let us know!
More specifically, we will need:
• 1-2 more barbers?
• A large handful of volunteers to help give out the supplies and keep everyone honest about only taking what they need.
• Set-up and clean up crew
• Donations of lots of new or gently used backpacks
• Tall stools for children to sit on for haircuts (Just to borrow)
• Donations of Meat & Cheese, Veggie, and Fruit Trays and Bottled water
• LOTS OF SCHOOL SUPPLIES DONATED TO THE “BACK TO SCHOOL BRIGADE” BOX LOCATED AT THE CORTEZ DOLLAR TREE PRIOR TO AUGUST 10TH
• KIDDOS TO COME GET THE SUPPLIES AND HAIRCUTS!!!!
• Plus, any other great services that we can think of